With the tile the difference between the meanings of dazzling and dingy, it is described about the grout that is present between the tiles. The material, grout is incredibly porous mostly like a giant sponge. It means that the grout has the capability of absorbing any grease, oils, grime or spillages. While the culprit of the materials absorbed might vary from room to room, you do not require specialized systems to clean the dirt that are absorbed. These include mildew in the bathroom, cooking splatters in the kitchen and stains of mud on the foyer floor. Here is the strategy that will help you in getting your floor tile cleaning without fail.
Key Steps in Cleaning The Grout Floor
- You will need the following essential products to clean the tile grout on the floor.
- An old toothbrush that would be the best while cleaning the tiles.
- Combination of baking soda and vinegar as a paste. This is an effective grout cleaner.
- Removing of mildew and mould from your grout. Use an antibacterial spray for mildew and mould.
- Before cleaning, make sure that you have tested the product in a hidden area. This is to assure that the product being used has no adverse reaction on your tiles and grout.
The best way to deep clean the floor is by using a commercial products that contain bleach as one of the main ingredients. An example of such a product that is used by most of the professional cleaners is Domestos multi-usage bleach spray. Using such products will cost you less time and effort in cleaning and scrubbing the dirt. This will also leave you having more time to relax. Read the directions on the label before applying it on the area.
Cleaning With Commercial Products
The local market of your nearby store will be offering a number of commercial products that are designed for cleaning the tiles and the grout in between. You need to choose the Best Tile and Grout Cleaning in Melbourne product that contains anti-fungal properties. This should be for instance, an antibacterial mould and mildew spray. Mildew thrives the best in places that are moist. Hence, a spray having these properties would help in eliminating any kind of build-ups of mould on the tiles and grout. Alternatively, you can also use a grout pen that acts as a paint marker and helps in keeping the grout to look and stay white and clean.
Most of these commercial products contain strong chemicals. While handling these substances, it is advised to wear gloves made of rubber. Also, do not forget to ventilate the bathrooms and the kitchen properly. Follow the directions that have been mentioned on the label of the products and test it on a small area.
Cleaning Tiles: Use or Not to Use Bleach
It is often recommended to use bleach, as it is the most effective way of cleaning the light grey and white coloured grouts. However, if your kitchen or your bathroom has some other colour grout such as black, avoid using bleach on it for cleaning. This will damage the colour of the grout, making it fade. After you have applied bleach for cleaning, rinse off the tiles with cold running water. Do not use warm water while rinsing off the bleach as this will only intensify the vapours. Do not forget to ventilate the room and wear rubber gloves while you are handling any kind of products that contain bleach.
You can use alternative to the product, oxygen bleach. It is a bleach compound that comes in the form of a powder. This can also be used in laundry for washing white clothes. Follow the directions that have been provided on the label. Also, test the product on a small area for testing. Mix equal parts of oxygen bleach along with warm water. Allow it to dissolve and apply on the grout. You can apply the solution directly or pour it into a spray bottle. Spray it on the area of tiles and grout that needs to be cleaned. Later on scrub off the dirt with an old toothbrush. Rinse the area with cold water and wipe the tiles until dry.
Cleaning With Baking Soda and Vinegar
Another way of floor grout cleaning is using the baking soda and vinegar solution.
- In a small container, preferably bowl, mix baking soda and vinegar. Form a thick paste.
- Spread the paste on the floor tiles and grout. Let the paste sit on the floor for at least half an hour.
- Use an old toothbrush or a grout brush to scrub away the grout. Continue to scrub unless it is clean.
- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Let the area dry completely. Later mop the floor after vacuuming the floor. This will give an extra shine to the floor.
With enough scrubbing, acid content of the vinegar along with the whitening properties of the baking soda give the tiles grout a completely new look.
Hydrogen Peroxide as Stain Remover
You can also combine the baking soda with hydrogen peroxide. This will help in removing the tough stains of water and other drippings from the floor.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a paste. Apply the paste on the grout with the help of a brush you can apply the paste with the same brush with which you will be scrubbing the floor.
- You can purchase special grout brushes from the home improvement store near you. Alternatively, you can also use stiff-bristled scrubbing brushes, a sponge have a scouring side and even an old toothbrush.
- Allow the paste to sit for a few minutes. Allow it to settle for at least five minutes. This will help you in removing the tough stains easily.
- Scrub the grout. Now you will see that the scrub brush is lifting up the stains. Continue scrubbing the stains with your hand until they have completely disappeared.
- Wipe off the mess. Use paper towels for the purpose. This will help in removing the excess paste and grime from the floor tiles. You can also substitute with old rags. Remember to use clean rags while wiping, else the floor will get dirty again.
To Get the Services On Call
You can hire the best tile and grout cleaning services. We at Ians Carpet Cleaning Melbourne understand that it is not possible for all of you to have all the essential items in place. Besides, all of you are nerds of chemistry labs and are unable to handle certain chemicals like hydrogen peroxide. Handling these chemicals along with maintaining children and pets in your home needs a lot of expertise. It is indeed a hard task in keeping these chemicals safe and from the children and pets to avoid accidents at your home.
We provide safe cleaning services of your tiles and grout of the floors. We take utmost care of your floor as well as your family and thus we use children and pet friendly products. We are just a call away from helping you and your floors and also Fix an Appointment with our company without facing any issues.